Me

Me
taken 28/10/10

Tuesday 21 September 2010

The Bleeding Swallow

*update* Ok, here it is. Sorry I've abandoned the blog for so long, I'll be back as soon as I finish my finals, hopefully.

LXII. The Bleeding Swallow

Sept. 20, 7:16 PM

Thinking about

all the silly things

us swallows remember

from our nightly dreams,

I wondered and pondered

how would it feel

to love with the love

that spring seems to bring?

So I ventured down

to the blossomed meadows

and flew low over seas

of colorful petals

until I found

what I thought to be

the most wonderful flower

I had ever seen.

Its gown was crimson,

its perfume was sweet

and in a single instant

I was drawn to it.

I pressed myself

to her tender caress

and felt its piercing love

sinking on my flesh.

“I’m sorry.”, she said,

with not much pity on her tone,

“I was just made this way”

So dazed and hurt I flew away

to try my luck elsewhere.

I passed over towns and cities,

flew by many a windowsill,

but none of those strange animals

seemed to feel what I called love.

The sun fell in slumber deep

and the moon began its nightly chores.

I grew tired and somewhat cold

but a beaconing light saw

shinning of the cosy window

of a small, country home.

The brightness turned out to be a fire

which burnt happily on the hearth

so I approached it, wings wide open

seeking its comforting warmth.

At once my wings were set alight

while faintly through my pain I heard

its sincere apology,

he should have warned me that it was

just the way he had been made.

And as my charred and blistered skin

begged for some small act of kindness,

a gentle hand picked my aching body

from the hard, wooden floor

and gently thrust it outside

into the freezing cold

to die in that clear and starry springtime night

which I thought so full of love.


Comments, you know the drill, down below.

XoXo.



No comments:

Post a Comment