Me

Me
taken 28/10/10

Wednesday 4 August 2010

Beyond Redemption(FS3)

This year has definetely not gone as I would have imagined. There are so many things changing. I thought he was the one person that would never give up on me, and he hasn't even explained...apologized...acknoledged that he did something wrong in any way. He is just pretending that everything is exactly the same as it was before, and that might be true for him, but not for me.

It might seem as overreacting to some people, but honestly I don't care. I have been itching to just grab that blade and slice away until the red rivers flow steady and deep. I was able to control myself earlier but the urges are back. I hate to be triggered so easily.

I keep wondering why are we here all the more.

Today's Featured Song is




H.I.M (His Infernal Magesty)- Beyond Redemption

Background Info:

HIM is a Finnish rock band from Helsinki, formed in 1991 by vocalist Ville Valo, guitarist Mikko Lindström, and bassist Mikko Paananen and drummers Juha Tarvonen and Juippi. Their current lineup consists of Valo, Lindström, Paananen, Janne Puurtinen on keyboard and Mika Karppinen on drums. They have released seven full length albums to date, the latest, Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice, being released February 8, 2010. On September 5, 2006, HIM's fifth studio album Dark Light was certified gold by the RIAA, making HIM the first Finnish band to have a gold album in the United States. HIM had five of their studio albums certified platinum in Finland with Razorblade Romance being certified double platinum in Finland and platinum in Germany.


Lyrics:
Oh I see your scars I know where they're from
So sensually carved and bleeding until you're dead and gone
I've seen it all before beauty and splendour torn
It's when heaven turns to black and hell to white
Right so wrong and wrong so right

Now

[Chorus:]
Feel it turning your heart into stone
Feel it piercing your courageous soul
Beyond now - redemption
No one's gonna catch you when you fall

Oh I see you crawl you can barely walk
With arms wide open you keep on begging for more
I've been there before knocking on the same door
It's when hate turns to love and love to hate
Faith to doubt and doubt to faith

Now

[Chorus x2]

Beyond now - redemption
Beyond now - redemption
Beyond now - redemption
Beyond now - redemption

My Interpretation:


I chose this song mainly because I interpret it as a song about self-harm, which is something that has been torturing me a lot this week. The scars of which it speaks as "sensually carved" are really considered marks of...perfection, almost. You know how wrong it is and how much farther it is pushing you from redemption, but someow, it is the only thing that feels right. Everything else is upside down and inside out and does not make sense at all.

Video:






Don't forget to leave your comments and your own interpretation, if you feel like it.

XoXo.

No comments:

Post a Comment