Me

Me
taken 28/10/10

Thursday 12 August 2010

To Die For (FS9)

I wish this feeling of loneliness and alienation would just go away for once. I cannot relate to anybody. Nothing amuses me, nothing scares me, nothing cheers me up. I keep being attacked by this memories of the past years, and I wish with all my might that I could go back.

I guess I was not the only one who noticed how charming he is. He was with a girl.I don't know who, a younger girl.

Why not me?
What is wrong with me? someone tell me already.

Today's(yesterday's) Featured Song is:

The Birthday Massacre-To Die For

Background Info:

The group originated in London, Ontario under the name Imagica, taken from a novel by the author Clive Barker. The group's original line-up formed when childhood friends Rainbow (guitars and programming) and M. Falcore (guitars) met Chibi (vocals) and Aslan (bass) in college. In mid 2000, Dank, a long time friend of Chibi's, joined to play live keyboards. After months of rehearsals and writing songs, they played their first gig on October 28, 2000 at Diversity night club in London. The band released a seven-song limited edition demo CD at the show. There were 40 hand numbered copies of the demo which included the first recorded version of the song "The Birthday Massacre" (later renamed "Happy Birthday"). The following month, in answering an ad posted at the college, O.E. was added to play live drums. During this time, the band also met Rhim and Owen at the same college who would later join as drummer and keyboardist, respectively. Their music style has been described as gothic synth rock.

Lyrics:

Tighten your tie boy
You're something to die for
But don't hold your breath now
You're just killing time
Tonight you can dream boy
Imagine a whisper
If you can keep secrets
Then I'll tell you mine.

Remember a promise you couldn't hold on to
Though it brings me to tears now i need you to know
Look in my eyes boy
Nothing like yours now
It seems that a lifetime
Is passing us by.

So open your eyes..

This is forever but it won't last long
This is a memory that fades away in neverending
In the death of all that's long been said and done before,
We'll wish that we were something more.

Stop wasting time boy
You're late all your life boy
They won't have the patience
For someone like you
Your memory's fading
I'll love you forever
I'll try to remember
I'll try to hold on

You're standing alone boy
Waiting for dreams boy
Waiting for something
To make them come true
Don't ever leave boy
I'd miss you too much boy
I'll never forget you
As long as I'm here

My Interpretation:
She is talking to herself, mad with grief because the one she would die for is not there to listen and
has never been. She has sort of stranded in time, forever the same, while he has changed so much it's hard to recognize him at all anymore. Trying to hold on is almost never enough.

Video:




XoXo.

No comments:

Post a Comment