Me

Me
taken 28/10/10

Monday 9 August 2010

Good Enough (FS7)


Still torn...I cannot decide wether to tell him or not, and if I do decide to tell him, how do I even start? It sounds so ridiculous at times...even for me.


I really like my philosophy teacher, he is very polite and extremely bright...he is one of the very few people I will genuinly miss once I leave high school.

Today's Featured Song is:

Evanescence-Good Enough


Background Info:

Evanescence is an American rock band founded in Little Rock, Arkansas in 1995 by singer/pianist Amy Lee and guitarist Ben Moody. After recording private albums, the band released their first full-length album, Fallen, on Wind-up Records in 2003. Fallen sold more than 15 million copies worldwide and helped the band win two Grammy Awards.

Critics vary in terming Evanescence a rock or metal band, but most identify them as some form of gothic band: Publications such as The New York Times, Rough Guides, Rolling Stone and Blender have identified Evanescence as a gothic metal act,while other sources such as NME, MusicMight, IGN and Popmatters have termed them gothic rock. They have been compared to a variety of bands from differing genres, such as nu metal ensembles like P.O.D. and Linkin Park,gothic metal groups like Lacuna Coil, and symphonic metal acts like Nightwish and Within Temptation.


Lyrics:

Under your spell again
I can't say no to you
crave my heart and its bleeding in your hand
I can't say no to you

Shouldn't have let you torture me so sweetly

now I can't let go of this dream
I can't breathe but I feel

Good enough

I feel good enough for you

Drink up sweet decadence

I can't say no to you
and I've completely lost myself and I don't mind
I can't say no to you

Shouldn't have let you conquer me completely

now I can't let go of this dream
can't believe that I feel

Good enough

I feel good enough
its been such a long time coming, but I feel good

and I'm still waiting for the rain to fall

pour real life down on me
cause I can't hold on to anything this good
enough
am I good enough
for you to love me too?

so take care what you ask of me

cause I can't say no

My Interpretation:


I love the progression, or shall I say digression...? that she makes from stating so firmily that she IS good enough, FEELS good enough, to "Am I good enogh for you to love me, too...?" after she sings what is, to me, the key line of the whole song: "Shouldn't have let you conquer me completely". That certainty she felt at the begining is gone because it was just too good to be true, she does not deserve "anything this good" and she knows it, she has just been kidding herself into believing she could actually, ever be good enough for him. Nevertheless, she loves him more than anything else in the world, and he knows it, so he must "take care of what he asks" of her, cause she just can't say no to him, who "tortures her" ever so sweetly with his rejection. She would give up his life for him, and he might end up taking it all unknowingly someday.

Video:
(Since this is one of the most "mainstream" artists I've posted so far, we finally have a real video...yay!)




Post your own interpretations and anything else you wish to say in the comments below.

XoXo.

No comments:

Post a Comment