Me

Me
taken 28/10/10

Tuesday 10 August 2010

Let's Pretend (FS8)


The results I got back today were definitely a reality check. I need to stop blowing this out of proportion, as much as it hurts me, and at least pretend I am ok again to refoucus on the steps I need to take if I ever wish to leave that nun-guarded jail.

What are McDonald's hamburgers and fries made of? Because it sure as hell isn't meat and potatoes. Look for "Four Year old McDonald's hamburger" on YouTube, you will see what I mean. I felt deeply disgusted at how people willingly feed this to their bodies.

Today I got some sort of confirmation that International Relations really is the course for me, therefore I am a little calmer on that aspect, but still nervous about everything else.
Today's Featured Song is

Tindersticks-Let's Pretend


Background Info:

Tindersticks are a rock band from Nottingham, England. Their sound is characterised by orchestral backing, lounge jazz, and soul; the orchestrations of multi-instrumentalist Dickon Hinchliffe (who left the band in 2006) and the baritone of lead vocalist Stuart A. Staples are the band's hallmarks. Tindersticks augment their instrumentation with Rhodes piano, glockenspiel, vibraphone, violin, trumpet, trombone, clarinet, bassoon, Hammond organ, and many more.

Lyrics:

Let's not make it into a big thing
Let's not get lost in this
I know it is, i know we could
I guess we surely would
Let's pretend it's not
It doesn't mean a thing

Let's not blow it out of all senses

As though it meant so much
It's always thought about for weeks
Not everytime your lips meet mine, i think of her
But when her hands reach out, i think of you

My Interpretation:


Rather clear, he cheated on his girlfriend, she found out and sent him to hell, but he is trying to calm her down saying it wasn't such a big deal because most of the time he thought only of her, she's the one he really loves.
What a hypocritical bastard... I know a few of that kind.

Video:



Comment, you know where.

XoXo.

No comments:

Post a Comment