Me

Me
taken 28/10/10

Sunday 8 August 2010

Shattered By Broken Dreams (FS6)


This stupid issue has eclipsed my whole life. I can't eat, can't sleep (less than usual), can barely breathe, even, and just now everything else had to go wrong as well.

I'm back to smoking, but not involuntarily, at least. Back to all of my old bad habits.

And the best thing is that I don't even know how to make you see...I don't know, a part of me wants to and a part of me doesn't.


Time flies by so fast...I can harldy believe I am almost finished with my senior year...
Today's featured song is


Avenged Sevenfold-Shattered By Broken Dreams


Background Info:

Avenged Sevenfold is an American rock band from Huntington Beach, California, formed in 1999. The band consists of vocalist M. Shadows, lead guitarist Synyster Gates, rhythm guitarist Zacky Vengeance and bassist Johnny Christ.

Avenged Sevenfold emerged with a metalcore sound on their debut Sounding the Seventh Trumpet, which included screaming vocals and heavy guitar riffs. The band changed their style on their third release, City of Evil, which features more of a mainstream hard rock style. The band continued to explore new sounds with their self titled release and enjoyed continued mainstream success before their drummer, James Sullivan, "The Rev" died of a drug overdose in 2009. Despite this setback, the band continued on with session drummer Mike Portnoy and released their fifth album Nightmare in 2010.


Lyrics:


I see you fading away from us.
I'll miss you very much.
Room with empty bottles, broken dreams, and pride still running high, always on your side.
But I wanted more for you.
You can't go on this way.
And now I see it all fall through.
We pray for better days.
Stuck alone and scared.
Throw your life away and now choking on your pride may be the only way.
I don't want to see you like this.
We all tried to save you but missed.
I still feel the hope on your road.
Now come back to us like the days of the old.
I still feel you there, trying to get on top.
You'll always have my support, in my heart.
People you've hurt.
Friends that you've lied to.
But we understand, and that's not (you) can see the end of the road,
I can see it too, for you, I'm scared, if I lose you, I'm not prepared.
This time, if you die.
I watch you, right before my eyes.
Just trust me, and listen.
You have no self control.
This will take your life.
Overdose and then indulge until you die.
Pondering, we all ask the question why.
Broken home, and then abandoned by your dad.
And we are left the only family that you've ever had.
Help you see it through.
Fight this me and you.
Reaching deep inside.
Problems not just you is what we find.
Our friendship makes it mine.

My Interpretation:

I need a friend that notices when I'm not around. A friend that stops me when all I want to do is walk out on everything. One who knows that I get crazy sometimes, sometimes I don't know what I'm doing to myself. I can't see it, I need someone that can.
The keep saying I'm fading away from them, but they do nothing about it...I can't do it alone,the hole I put myself in is too deep to climb out.

I'm not asking for a savior, I just want someone to care. That is all. Before it's too late.
I though you were...are you...? Was I ever right about you?

Video:



Feel free to comment...Have you ever felt that way?

XoXo.


No comments:

Post a Comment