Me

Me
taken 28/10/10

Tuesday 3 August 2010

The Chair(FS2)

Aren't cats the loveliest pets...? I know my kitty Siouxsie is...
I am getting really into Martin Heidegger's philosophy, I am really considering buying one of his books to have something to read when I finish this tests week.

Oh, I bought the prettiest shoes ever! They're so vintage, I LOVE them!
(Never mind the veins, I know I need a tan but I love being pale)



Anyway, today's featured song is from a band that I hold very near and dear...The Helsinlki Vampires.

The 69 Eyes-The Chair

Background Info:

The 69 Eyes are a Gold selling Finnish rock band. Initially, the 69 Eyes' music style was of glam metal and hard rock, influenced by acts such as Mötley Crüe and Hanoi Rocks. However, they began to incorporate more influence from gothic rock bands such as The Mission and The Sisters of Mercy. Their sound was described as a mix of the gloominess of gothic rock with guitar-powered rock'n'roll.


Lyrics:

Just walk away from these dreams
And talk the pain what it seems
Angel of my revelation
I don't really want to let you walk
Away from these dreams

You gotta turn it all over, you gotta turn it all over

All over again

Kick the chair right down under me

Leave me hanging alone in misery

Walk away from these dreams

And talk the pain what it means
Angel of my revelation I don't really want to hurt you
So walk away from these dreams

You gotta turn it all over; you gotta turn it all over

All over again

Kick the chair right down under me

Leave me hanging alone in misery

Kick the chair right down under me

Leave me hanging alone in misery

My Interpretation:


Another song about life losing its meaning without the person you love...I seem to have been having a lot of that lately... Anyway, from my point of view, this song is the perfect metaphor for hearbreak and lovelost in the form of helping somebody to commit suicide, a symbolism for what you feel when the person you love is no longer by your side. You feel as though that person stole your life. You feel , hollow because that person literally left you "hanging alone in mysery". And not necessarily because you were in a long and serioulsy commited relationship with marriage arrangements and the works. It can be simply a friend that turns his/her back from you...Lord knows it hurts just the same.

Video:



Oh, by the way...Isn't Jyrki (the lead singer) a stunner? I am madly in love with him...

Don't forget to leave your comments telling me your own interpretations in regards to the song!

XoXo.

No comments:

Post a Comment